This healthy quinoa salad is one of the easiest you’ll make thanks to staples from your fridge and pantry.
- 1½ cup dry quinoa
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ teaspoon dry basil, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed between your fingers
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 package DeLallo Zesty Salad Savors
- ⅓ cup roasted red bell pepper, drained and chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup basil, thinly slivered
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions with ½ teaspoon salt added to the water. Cool completely.
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pressed garlic, basil and thyme. Whisk until well combined. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- To a large serving bowl, add the quinoa, arugula, garbanzo beans, contents of the Salad Savors package—red bell pepper, kalamata olives and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with basil. Season to taste. Serve at room temperature.